Thursday, October 4, 2007

Random Writing


I want to write this blog and have it be knitting related, and life relating. So, while relating to life I will be sharing some stories that have little to do with knitting.

I wanted to share a photo of our recent trip to Michigan. The time spent on the boat with John and Roxanne was restorative. I want you to notice the displacement of the water in front of the freighter as it passes us. It has power and undeniable presence in the water. Water is a force with a power and strength I respect in the truest sense of the word. When the freighter is full it sits low in the water and moves slowly. When it has off-loaded it's cargo it picks up speed and sits up high on the river. Sometimes I move through the world with a force that displaces everything around me. Other times I glide along and feel light and carefree. I have recently been sitting low and slow. My apologies if you have been displaced...

No comments: