Saturday, July 4, 2009

A Month to Remember


June 2009, RIP. Rest in peace. What a beautiful sentiment. To rest and restore in peace is a lofty goal. In life as well as death. The world will remember the month as the end of Michael Jackson's life and talents. I have stopped watching television. The constant coverage of the intimate details of a strange man is a case of, TMI. Too much information, is never enough, for some people.

The entertainment world lost some substantial celebrities. Farrah Fawcett, Carl Mauldin, Ed McMahon, Billy Mays and a personal favorite, Harve Presnell. He starred in "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers,"a musical movie that we watched every time it appeared on the TV throughout my childhood.

I will remember the month of June as a month of loss. A commencement time, perhaps. With change comes the opportunity for growth. I plan to take my changes, move towards growth in a new direction, and commence with life.

Happy Independence Day. Celebrate your freedom. My first holiday in my changed status. So far the freedom is a little overwhelming...

No comments: