Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Next Stop - LA










Hot town, summer in the city. Back of my neck getting dirty and gritty... Left the desert and made a pilgrimage to Saint Sophia Greek Church. It is a well known LA landmark. As I drove west towards LA the temperature dropped from 120 to a balmy 100.

The church was a blessed, dark, cool respite from the heat. Arabella Moran was Christened in the orthodox Greek way that was not only Holy, but entertaining. Christine the Godmother is our dear one, as well as her whole extended family. The pomp and circumstance was only outdone by the party held at he happy family home.

Perched on a hillside in the Silver Lake area of LA, the apartment is one of four in a complex built in the 1920's. We were in the neighborhood of Jeff Lewis, for all of you "Flipping Out" fans. It was such a picturesque setting with delicious food and scintillating guests. The shared patio space and the city view are inspiring!

Alexandra and Paul have such nice neighbors. I spent the night at the neighbors in one of the coolest design themed homes I have stayed in. Metallic silver walls, with true gun metal gray accent walls. Bright orange furniture and drapery were so right. Outside the box and so cool.This was a hip group of people that I was hobnobbing with. I am so corny, not hip at all. I need to get my hip on.

Did you notice baby Arabella teething on a silver spoon? That's our girl!

No comments: