Monday, January 14, 2008

Missed the point-But hit the mark!




This 2008 is going by too fast. I have such great intentions. Organize, simplify, gratify and frugalize. I'm pretty sure that last one is not a real word. As with all great intentions, there are detours along the way.

I have found my next UFO to complete. You see it pictured above. This one is a beauty. Classic Elite Alpaca DK that feels yummy. It was the Olympic challenge sweater that I started 2 years ago during the winter games. Again, as you can see from the photo it is 90% knit. I am convinced that I quit this one because the collar is finished with a sweet crochet accent. All who know me, know that I am the worse crocheter in the world of wool. Chain stitch, and a reluctant crab stitch, under duress. I set the goal on this one as a real challenge. Finish by Wednesday for show and tell at Knitwits. Heather has promised to teach me the stitch to complete the neckline. I have the skirt I bought to "go with" hanging in the closet. Now I have the perfect shoes to pull the whole look together. Stay tuned.

So the point is- use up the stash. I am going to repeat this. Use up the STASH. My stash is full of such beautiful stuff. Another way to say this is- DO NOT BUY ANYMORE YARN! So much easier to say, believe in, and promote, than practice. I wanted to look at the Manos del Uruguay at the LYS for an upcoming knit along. (More on that later.) The Manos was there and a washable substitute by Debbie Bliss. Dependable well known yarn friends.On the shelf sat a new and beautiful friend. Manos has a new silk and merino wool blend that is a fine DK weight in the prettiest colors. If you get a chance to feel it- please give it a squeeze. I bought just one skein (after a lot of self talk) and a pattern book that I have been coveting. This is a score. My goal is to complete enough projects to justify a "sweaters" worth of this yarn. How many projects? You tell me and I will take your responses under advisement...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can't wait to 'teach' you that crochet stitch!

The yarn is Classic Elite Inca Alpaca.