Saturday, March 5, 2011

Resolution Inspiration


This is a sweater commissioned by my cousin for her expectant friend.

I knew about it for months. I had the yarn, but I designed the pattern to incorporate cables and seed stitch. The 100% cotton is washable and the buttons are leather. So hand wash is best. It turned out nicely.

The problem was- I was not in love with this project. It felt like pulling teeth to bring it out and work on it. I finished after the little man was born and he received it at the age of 2 weeks. It is sized as a one year old's jacket.

I was paid to do it. My new year resolution- knit what I love and sell it. No more special orders unless I have complete creative control. I learned a valuable lesson about myself.

Lesson learned- best resolution ever.

No comments: