Monday, October 13, 2008

Monday Moaning


The stock market rallied in the most spectacular fashion. Good news. Can we keep the ball rolling? Can everyone settle down and replace panic with peace? Can hard work plus determination pay off with the confidence that we will continue living and that life can be good in the midst of trouble? The whole world needs some good news.

I am making sense of my own little world. In my household, I put life back together on Mondays. I have a "never on Monday" mantra. No appointments, luncheons or commitments are allowed. I like to change the sheets, do the laundry, dishes, cook, clean and organize myself the first of the week. I ingest a pot of coffee, scramble some eggs and start clicking jobs off my list. Every week is different. The list changes and the energy I put into Monday ebbs and flows. I do not measure my success on Mondays- I just plug away and accomplish what I can. It is usually a good day. Today has been a good day...

No comments: