Friday, September 19, 2008

Perseverance Projects






"Few things are impossible with diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance." - Samuel Jackson


Way back in January I set a goal to complete a project a month from my WIP stash, while also knitting on new projects. I have lost count of the progress I have made. I do know I have completed some nice items and I am feeling like a diligent knitter that has persevered. Hooray!

I have several things to show you. The sleeveless swing shell is knit in Twisted Sisters, Daktari cotton yarn. I need to block it before I wear it. I think it will look great as a vest over a light weight t-shirt. The pattern was free on the internet. I always start with an internet search when a desire to work from my stash hits. The unlimited resources available are mind blowing.

Next is a simple little shawlette made from one skein of silk/nylon ribbon in dark navy, black and shades of dark blues. It looks great tied over a classic white shirt with jeans. This was a piece I put down when I knew I did not have enough yarn to fringe and finish my triangle. I found the perfect black ribbon remnant and lovely navy silk ribbon. I finished the last 2 long rows in navy- then fringed the shawl with the black and navy held together. It works.

I finished the natural cotton sweater made with yarn purchased at the North Coast Knitters Guild. The pattern caught my eye this Spring 2008 issue of Knitters Magazine. I made it with a lighter weight yarn than the pattern called for. The chunky yarn made a fabric that was stiff and coat like. Being a "big" girl, I like a little drape. I am pleased with the way it fits.

I just finished fringing the "Four Seasons Throw" tonight. It is done. I have to photograph it and ship it to Chicago to the newlyweds. I hate to let it go. It was so much fun to knit the 12 different patterns. The results are beyond my expectations. My husband and kids are so impressed. Even the dog seems to love this throw!

No comments: