Thursday, March 13, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom


March 12, 1927. My mother was born. She died on February 12, 1994. I always remember her on her birthday. I always wonder if anyone else does. If a tree falls in the forest, and no one is there to hear it- did it make any noise? My mom made noise, and the noise continues in my head, my heart and my dreams. I read an interesting and thoughtful book today. The Shack. Written by William Paul Young. It is reminiscent of the book -Joshua, that swept the nation back in the 80's. I will read Paul Young's book again and write notes in the margin. Now, I pass it on to people to read, before I jot down my private notes of revelation.

I will save the discussion for book club. But, I must confess all fingers point to some kind of spiritual soul searching era. My Netflix showed up and the movies are "Amazing Grace" and "Narnia"? The idea that we can fully trust and rely on God as the only way to survive this life, may be sinking in. Sorry if this makes you uncomfortable. I talk about what is on my mind.

I am so very proud of the Knitwits and our Four Seasons Quilt KAL. Everyone is doing so well. Many are on to square #3. This is a tricky 12 row repeat. The spiderweb is it's name,and it has entrapped a few of the knitters. I am so encouraged by their persistence and results! When we complete this, I plan to teach them intarsia and 2 handed knitting. The excitement is palpable...

No comments: