Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Where To Begin?


Here is a quote from Stephanie pearl-McPhee, AKA, the Yarn Harlot.

"It is a well-known fact that if you use knitting to manage your stress, you're going to have to choose the project carefully. Small stresses usually demand complex work that can take your mind off your troubles by engaging your intellect. Big stresses, like DEATH, DIVORCE, or MEDICAL TRAGEDY, usually call for large, simple, mindless work, since your intellect has already been trashed by what you are going through."

The month of June found my life floating in the pool with all of the above capitalized sharks.

On June 5th while walking with a friend for exercise- my friend fell and exposed the bones in her left arm. It began a medical mini-tragedy. After surgery, a 4 day hospitalization with a 12 week cast, she is healing slowly.

Divorce drama continues with no end in sight. Now openly dating, my husband is "very Happy", thank you for asking.

On June 14th- we had to have our beloved puppy Steezy put to sleep. She ruptured a disc in her mid-back and was paralyzed from the waist down. My faithful companion is gone.

On June 17th- dear friends lost their beautiful, bright and believing 27 year young son. This puts all problems into crystal clear perspective.

June 18th was the day Evan graduated from High School after keeping us on the edge of our seats (and sanity) for the past month. He is wrestling with some demons and is learning to be a man of his word. Pray for this please.

June 27th was the Graduation Party hosted jointly by Don and I, to honor Evan. To all of the brave a generous souls that came and celebrated Evan's accomplishments, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. He bought a bigger motorcycle the next day.

I find myself doing word of mouth home health care, house sitting and pet care for cash. Every penny I can spare goes into the Michigan trip fund can. I want to rest in the lake, if I can.

I have great friends and family that keep me laughing and loving. Book Club, Bible Study, Wine nights, Craft Night, TGIF's and my ever-present knitting all keep me sane. Red wine, did I mention red wine? Summer break from school was needed.

So, I am knitting baby blankets and hats. Simple, mindless, calming and productive.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for catching us up. What a month you have had. So very sorry to hear about your faithful companion.

But now it is July...so please breathe. Wishing and praying you have better days ahead. No make that MANY more and MUCH better days ahead. You're in my thoughts and prayers.