Thursday, July 8, 2010

No More Dogs







We said good bye to our faithful friend. My co-dependent sidekick Steezy went to doggie heaven on June 14th and broke my heart. Turns out she had degenerative disc disease that is common to both the dachshund and beagle breeds. We did not know it until she ruptured a disc spontaneously and lost the use of her hind legs. She was sweet and brave to the end. We laughed with her all the way to the vets office. It was not that long ago that we met in the same room with our vet to have the same procedure done with Roxie-our 18 year old d/b mix. I do not think I will have another dog for a very long time. My heart cannot entertain another chance of loss in this season of hurts I am enduring. These are photos taken during her last three days when all five of us had a little time to say goodbye and shower her with our love. That is how we roll...

No comments: