Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Slow Start on a (Monday) Tuesday morning

Whenever we experience a 3 day weekend and the week of work and schedules begins on Tuesday, I get into trouble. Counting on 5 days and working with 4, confuses me. This week is especially busy with all kinds of wonderful. There is real opportunity for something or someone to fall through the cracks, or in knitting lingo, I may drop a stitch! Evan, you are on notice.


Today is big. The North Coast Knitters Guild is featuring a "rock star" speaker today. Sally Melville is coming to this inferno (formally known as San Diego) to address her adoring fans and teach some classes. I love her books. She not only presents knitable patterns of interest, but she also writes with a voice that makes me want to be her friend. I will be taking 2 of her classes on Thursday and have to prepare my homework swatches. This is the kind of homework I get excited about. For all you non-knitters or unschooled knitters, the homework swatch is a piece of knitting cast on the needles and worked in the appropriate pattern to the point where the instructor will begin the lesson. It is done to save precious class time and allow everyone to start in the same place using their own individual skills.


Tonight we will dine with her as the Guild board takes her out to dinner at a local Italian restaurant. The owner of the restaurant is a big fan of Sally's and fellow knitter. I met her at the LYS where I taught and my husband and I dine at the restaurant frequently. For me, the evening will be a combination of meeting new friends while in the comfort of the familiar.
I will have an update this evening, and of course we will raise a glass to you...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Poor Evan!

Carol Cutting said...

I had no idea knitting was so....so organized! A guild for crying out loud. Famous knitters that other knitters revere?? Who knew??? Well, here's to you knitters.....