Monday, June 9, 2008

Where Does The Time Go?


The saying "time flies" is difficult to reconcile with airline prices. I am trying hard to book tickets to the family reunion in Michigan. This year 4 out of 5 of us are flying in. The tickets are pushing $600 and rising. I have delayed due to the fact that I felt sure that "people" will stop buying these tickets and the empty planes will need to fill seats with slashed prices. Not happening. So time flies, while we don't. Recession be damned. Grounded and searching the internet and stewing over the costs of the trips we have always considered non-negotiable and accessible. I feel like recessing!

Laptops on the lap generate heat. I am hot and tied down to this search and called to clean the house, do laundry, knit the throw that is due for a wedding gift by the 23rd of June, exercise the co-dependent dog, change the sheets (generating more laundry) and finish painting the dining room. I have it 75% done. The chairs that I want to recover are stripped of the old fabric and ready to go. When the list gets this long I usually cope by doing one thing and knitting until the urge to scream passes. So that is how the the time goes here. Never enough time in the day...

No comments: