Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Finally- Knitting on The Road




Heading south was a fruitful knitting session. I finished the second strip of my KAL throw. I cast on the third strip and began square number 9. The photocopy of the instructions folded in half, fit on the visor, for handy reference. The dog slept peacefully on my right leg. My knitting bag between my feet, I twisted my torso to the left and comfortable kept a steady pace until it was too dark to carry on.

The pup figured out that we were not giving her away and she settled down. She slept silently through the night with her Daddy and me in the hotel. She was a perfect guest at the Travelodge.

The apartment was outfitted with the necessities. We met roommates, friends and enjoyed the surprise visit of Uncle John and Aunt Roxanne. Dinner on the Wharf was complete when an otter surfaced beside the window and stayed for the entire dinner service. Sunset perfection...

No comments: