Unique Tampon Angel
By: Ada Barber, Guest Contributor
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Our guest contributor has a very unique craft. This is her story: Some people think this is great, others think it is gross and ridiculous… but I am a big fan of the tampon angel. A few years ago when I had my first Christmas tree, I had a trim-the-tree party and invited my friends over to make crafts to decorate the tree with. A lot of them were scared of being crafty, so I had some pretty easy ideas for them. My favorite was the tampon angel. Certain brands work better – I think ended up deciding Playtex worked best because it doesn’t just expand into a big rectangle.
- Playtex Tampons
- Bowl of Water
- Wooden Bead
- Hot Glue
- Fine-Tipped Markers
- Metallic Pipe Cleaners
- Wired Ribbon
- You start by taking the tampon out of the applicator and wetting it. I usually use a bowl of water with a little starch mixed in.
- Then you can shape the angel “dress.”
- I use a wooden bead for the head and thread the string through. You can use a little hot glue to keep the head facing the right direction.
- We used fine-tipped markers to draw the face in and metallic pipe cleaners to make halos.
- You can add yarn hair but most of my friends didn’t get that far.
- For wings, we tied pieces of wired ribbon in the middle to make a knot or used bows and hot glued them to the back of the angel. You can cut the ribbon to make it wing-shaped or leave it in a bow.
- Some people glittered theirs, others left them pretty plain.
- But overall, it is a very easy craft and I still hang them on my Christmas tree.