Monday, January 18, 2010

It's Raining It's Pouring

-Day Forecast for ZIP Code 92024 Customize Your Icons!
Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday
Chance of a Thunderstorm
61° F | 49° F
Rain
63° F | 50° F
Rain Showers
59° F | 49° F
Chance of a Thunderstorm
52° F | 47° F
Chance of Rain
58° F | 45° F
Chance of T-storms
70% chance of precipitation
Rain
80% chance of precipitation
Rain Showers
100% chance of precipitation
Chance of T-storms
70% chance of precipitation
Chance of Rain
40% chance of precipitation

But the old man - he 's not snoring here! LOL that was a joke. There are some good things about losing 180 pounds of husband. Any ways- it stormed here and the wind and rain was so intense it just made itself at home and came on in. The dog and I were trying to be mellow in our jammies and knitting away when the 2 windows over our heads sprung leaks simultaneously. The dog was so bewildered. I climbed up on the back of the sofa and stuffed towels on the sill. Problem solved. I am so resourceful.

Yesterday was warm and sunny. My legs are aching today from the walk the dog and I took to the mailboxes and back. It is a mile total and uphill both ways. Try it- you will see! It feels like a 90 degree angle to me?

This whole week is supposed to be a deluge, with the net gain of rain equivalent to our usual annual rainfall. That is 4-6 inches this week. Last year we had less than 6" in the whole year. The world is so weird. I can not stop thinking and praying for Haiti. What a tragedy. I wish I could get on a plane and help. I hope to be able to do that kind of relief nursing someday, to be where the need is so great. Looking forward to getting back to school and on the way to reaching goals...

No comments: