Thursday, April 2, 2009

Deforestation Continues





















I extended the olive branch (or in this case the eucalyptus branch) of peace to my war mongering neighbors. Oh, they would hate to be called that. Two tall, gentle artists. Living in harmony with nature, while only wanting, what ever it is they want, in their own private Idaho.

Well, for over a year now they have wanted our trees cut down by 1/2 to 1/3. Sunday they got their wish. I found a low cost company of brave, tree swinging, rope climbing, acrobatic Mexican tree trimmers. There are roving bands of them all over San Diego County! They needed the work. The deal was struck and the deed is done. I love the sound of chainsaws in the morning. It stirs my soul.

I made nice with the mean kids in the sandbox. It will be hot around here until the trees recovery and fill in with dense leafy adornment. By September, I will have some shade I hope. Privacy has left the building with Elvis...

No comments: