Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Eve Monday



We are all home. The original 5, plus one girlfriend. Tonight we have a treat in store. We attend an annual dinner party with friends every Christmas eve. We all indulge in Christmas cheer as we stuff ourselves with tenderloin and all the trimmings. Tori is a gourmet cook, need I say more? Then we bundle up against the bitter cold ( 48 degrees ) and head out for the midnight candlelight service. The Pastor is a good friend. We love to sit up front and distract him with hand signals and dance moves. Spirit lead, I assure you. Today, it is a Christmas eve heat wave. It may hit 80 degrees. Ryan is thrilled that I am allowing him to wear shorts to church tonight.

Brynn has fallen in love with our puppy. Steezy is concerned with all of the hub-bub. She wonders who the heck this rowdy crowd is and why they are here in our house? Wait until tomorrow when we have 14 for dinner. As a result of all of this adulation, she is becoming a cunning beggar. I will have my work cut out for me when the New Year arrives. I must tell you that I bought the ultrasound anti-bark remote control devise. Every time she barks you point this contraption at her and press a button. It emits a sound only the dog can hear. Christine points out, how do we know it is working? How will we know when the battery dies? Good questions, all. My answer is in her behavior. She has reduced barking by 80 - 90%. All in a day. That is success! She acts sheepish and walks away from the barking source. She does not appear to have any pain. I am impressed. Thanks to Heather for the tip.

I am going to work on our Christmas cards on the 26th. They will arrive in time for a nice read by New Year. We have enjoyed the photos and letters that we have received. Keep them coming. Don is at the post office with my last 4 boxes to ship. All of my wrapping is done and the kids are in the dining room finishing their wrapping. Last week Ryan and I baked cookies and biscotti. The tree is beautiful and when it is dark you don't see dust and imperfections. Well, I do, but most don't.

It is the night before Christmas and all through the house, the creatures are stirring, even the spouse. The stockings are hung by the chimney with care, in hopes that Mom stuffs them with gifts beyond compare. We are as ready as you can be when time runs out. We wish you and yours all the love of the season. Happy Birthday Jesus. You are my salvation. Blessings and a Happy New Year!

No comments: