Sunday, July 22, 2007

Hello Cyber Knitting friends

Is it to call you friend? I have recently become addicted to reading knitting blogs. In the past I was able to cruise around and visit sights without feeling the need to get involved. However, following the story of my favorite knitting instructor ever-has emboldened me to venture forth myself.

Annie Modesitt has taken the blog and returned us to the magic of the serial stories published in newspapers prior to any form of mass communication beyond books and newspapers. Just as readers couldn't wait for the next installment to be published-I relish each post drafted by the talented and wise Annie. Check her out at Anniemodesitt.com to see what I am talking about.

Technically, I cruise the internet with great results. Creating documents seems to be more difficult, so bear with me. You could say my knitting follows the same course. I am a yarn driven maniac. I love to collect yarn and patterns and fantasize about all of the wonderful things I am going to knit. I even dream about the hand knit items that I gift and the overjoyed recipients. If I live to be 150 years old I will not have time to knit the yarn I own! Does that stop me from seeking out more fiber?!

I love studying yarn of all origins. I once took a 10,000 mile roadtrip with a friend and 2 of my children coast to coast. AKA, from LYS to LYS in 23 states. Some incredible stories were generated on that trip, as well as a green tweed cardigan that remains in the UFO pile. I am prideful of knowing about new fibers and keep up with my research on line, in LYS wherever I go ,with books, and of course keeping up with the "jonesing" knitters. Check out KnittersReview.com. It is so good. I have designed a few patterns and have no idea how to go to the next step. Since I love free patterns, look for some original designs photographed and printed here soon. As soon as I figure out how to do links and photos and ...

No comments: