Friday, February 13, 2009

French Girl Knits Review

Most of you know that I am a traveler
by nature. I keep a suitcase next to the bed, ready to go at the drop of a hat. Airports make my heart pound with anticipation. I also love France.
As an avid armchair traveler that researches trips and tickets, I like to look at tours offered for knitters. Google knitting tours and see what I mean. The possibilities are limitless.

I first became aware of French Girl's
Tours advertised in the back of Interweave Knits magazine. I fantasized knitting with world class instructors in the south of France. Oh, how I longed to go. The season for taking yarn tours throughout the far reaches of the fiber world would have to wait until the nest was empty. I accepted that while continuing to monitored their travel offerings.

Seeing this book was a welcome treat. I highly recommend it. The patterns are mostly top down construction and seamless where possible. I have found several that I would love to knit. My criteria for purchasing a book is just that. Are there at least 4 individual patterns I want to knit? The average cost of one pattern is $5. The book was under $20 at Amazon I am especially interested in the lacy sleeveless or cap-sleeved tops that work so well in San Diego's climate. Paired with a tank top or light weight cami, you can make your hand knit fashion statement. The author infuses the book with stories that help to make this a good read from cover to cover, before you ever pick up your needles. Fly, needles, fly. No airport needed to take a wonderful trip! Carry on your knitting bag...

No comments: